Sports of Interest
I grew up living and breathing sports and this passion has continued into my life as a physiotherapist. A huge portion of my career has been spent working with athletes from the weekend warrior to Olympic athletes.
Although the underlying theme of Expansive Health is bringing together various areas of interest and expertise to help people who are really struggling with their health to improve their day to day function, my other passion involves helping athletes achieve their ultimate goals.
It may seem as though these are two vastly different population groups but many of the principles are the same.
Attacking health, function, strength, and mobility from an individual and specific perspective are vital for improvement regardless of the starting point and the ultimate goals of that individual.
Qualifications of note
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Graduate Certificate of Sports Physiotherapy
- Masters in Sports Physiotherapy
- Certificate IV in Nutrition (currently completing)
- Health Coaching Certification (currently completing)
- Meditation teacher training (currently completing)
- ANF level 1,2
- Dry Needling
- DMA Clinical Pilates
- Lymphatic treatment
- Functional Health Solutions- Functional Medicine and Movement Workshop.
Involvement with teams and associations
- Australian Mens and Womens Artistic Gymnastics team, travelling physiotherapist (2016- current)
- Australian Diving team, travelling physiotherapist (2018- current)
- Australian Trampoline team, travelling physiotherapist (2019- current)
- Victorian Men’s Gymnastics State Team – Physiotherapist (2013 – current)
- Victorian Men’s Gymnastics High Performance Centre – Physiotherapist (2013 – current)
- Melbourne Tigers Basketball – Team Physiotherapist (2017)
- Nitro Athletics – Event Physiotherapist (2017)
- Oakleigh Chargers Football Club – Head of Medical / Head Physiotherapist (2014 – 2015)
- High performance physio – elite athletes
- Exercise and physio management for patients suffering from chronic fatigue, autoimmune disorders or other health conditions limiting function.
- Exercise and programs for depression, anxiety, and stress management.